FX503E Improvements (10/15/14)
• Bug fixes
Estimated Update Time: 4 minutes
Please download and print this FX503E Update procedure prior to downloading and installing this software update. It is important that this procedure is done in the order described in this document as failure to do so may result in the FX503E becoming inoperable.
Please confirm the software version of your unit prior to performing the update. Refer to step “3. Confirm Result” at the end of this document. If the software version on your device matches the versions listed in step “3. Confirm Result”, then your FX503E is up to date and you do not need to perform the software update.
Warning: Do not perform this software update while operating the vehicle. Do not interrupt the power of the FX503E while the update is in progress. Remember to record all the “Settings” prior to performing the update process as, after the update, the settings will be reset to the factory default.
• A Windows PC with an internet connection and a Zip/Unzip program installed into it. (http://winzip.com/downwz.htm).
• A blank microSD with 256MByte or greater of memory.
• A microSD card reader for your PC.
1) Download the FX503E_SW046.zip file and save it to your computers desktop.
The files are zip-compressed and you will need to unzip them onto your PC prior to copying the files to the blank microSD card.
FX503E_SW046.zip ( 166MByte )
When the file is unzipped, you will see one folder and two files.
Files: product.inf, SU13XXXX.525
1) Copy the one folder and two files listed above to the blank microSD card.
2) Power off the FX503E by turning off the vehicles ignition.
3) Insert the update microSD card into the microSD card slot just below the AUX input (lower left hand corner of the unit), then power up the FX503E. (Exp.1)
4) Touch the “Menu” button to switch to the Top Menu screen. (Exp.2)
5) Touch the "Settings" button (lower left hand corner of the screen). (Exp.3)
6) Scroll down to "System Software" and touch the "Version" button. If the "Version" button is grayed out, enable the parking brake. (Exp.4)
7) Touch the "Update" button (lower right hand corner of the screen). (Exp.5)
8) Touch the "Yes" button to start the update. (Exp.6)
Note: During the update, a black screen appears for the first 10 to 20 seconds. Do not unplug, disconnect or power off the FX503E until the update has been completed. This portion of the update will take about five minutes to complete.
9) Once you see "The update completed successfully." displayed on the screen, power off the FX503E by turning off the vehicles ignition and remove the update microSD card that is currently inserted.
3. Confirm Result
1) Touch the “Menu” button to switch to the Top Menu screen. (Exp.2)
2) Touch the "Settings" button (lower left hand corner of the screen). (Exp.3)
3) Scroll down to "System Software" and touch the "Version" button. If the "Version" button is grayed out, enable the parking brake. (Exp.4)
4) Confirm that the following software versions have been successfully updated.
Software: Ver. 046
Important: If the software versions on your unit matches the ones listed above then your update has been successfully completed. If any of the software versions do not match, please perform the software update again.
Open source notice
This product is utilizing open source software codes licensed under GNU General Public License 2 (GPL) and / or GNU Lesser General Public License 2.1 (LGPL).
Please refer to the GNU website for details of the GNU GPL and LGPL.
The machine readable copy of the corresponding source code is available here.